Inspections of manufactured home foundations is a critical part of the service our inspectors offer all over Texas.
Our inspectors average 30 to 50 inspections each week with four full-time inspectors and one contract inspector.
Our Chief Inspector, Charles Bundy does a circuit rider inspection each week starting Monday morning with inspections in the DFW area and ending in Amarillo by that evening. Tuesday inspections are in the Midland Odessa area and Wednesday inspections are in the Austin/San Antonio/Corpus Christi area. Thursday inspections are in the Houston area and then he is back doing inspections in the DFW area by Friday.
John Teague covers additional spot inspections needed in the western part of the DFW area as well as spot inspections south and west of the DFW area
David Watson covers additional spot inspections needed in the eastern part of the DFW area as well as spot inspections north and east of the DFW area.
Michael Kinnee covers additional spot inspections needed in the Austin / San Antonio / Corpus area.
Brad Hinckley is a contract inspector for us doing additional spot inspections needed in the Houston area.
This broad coverage allows our inspectors to do scheduled inspections as well as hotshot inspections needed the day of the call. No other company in Texas has the in-house inspector staff to provide this inspection capability.
GENERAL DISCUSSION ON INSPECTIONS
1. Our inspectors offer extensive photographs on our website https://www.griptx.com/fha-engineers-certification/photo-examples/ showing the seller what properly installed, and improperly installed foundations look like… as well as sample photos of skirting, bracing and other certification item examples.
2. The seller has the option to look at the sample photos before an inspection and get an early idea of whether or not he is in compliance. If there are any questions, the seller can next address those to the inspector during or after the inspector is done.
3. Inspections of homes 10 years and newer have an inspection average of about 60 % passing as is and only needing and inspection and certification report from us
4. Inspections of homes 15 years and older have an inspection average of only about 20 % passing as is and needing and inspection and certification report from us
5. Our inspectors can also do an inspection to determine if the MH is an Original Placement if the seller has difficulty obtaining written documentation of the Original Placement. This special inspection needs to be ordered at the same time as the regular inspection.