FHA / VA / USDA Compliance Inspections
Inspections of manufactured home foundations are a critical part of the service we offer all over the state Texas. GulfTex employs four full-time mobile home inspectors and one contract inspector, each of whom averages 30 to 50 inspections per week.
Our Mobile Home Inspectors
John Teague is the founding partner of the original GulfTex from 1976. John is a civil engineer with over 45 years of professional experience including many years as an inspector on numerous civil works projects in the US and abroad. John primarily performs mobile home inspections on the west side of the Dallas/Fort Worth area and south toward the Austin area.
David Watson joined GulfTex in 1990 as a co-management partner with John Teague. David brings more than 40 years of construction management and inspection services experience to the operation. David primarily performs mobile home inspections on the north and east side of the Dallas/Fort Worth area and extending eastward to the state line.
Charles Bandy is the Chief FHA compliance mobile home inspector for GulfTex. Charles has over 20 years of construction experience with specific emphasis on final phase inspections. During times of heavy workloads or tight time constraints, Charles also has duties as our 4th Crew Chief performing retrofits. With his inspection expertise and his hands-on skills, Charles gives us more flexibility by performing minor retrofit items at the time of the inspection, resulting in a savings to our customers. Charles does a circuit of mobile home inspections each week starting Monday morning in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and ending in Amarillo by that evening. Tuesday inspections are in the Midland Odessa area and Wednesday inspections are in the Austin/San Antonio/Corpus Christi area. Thursday inspections are in the Houston area and then he is back doing inspections in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by Friday.
Michael Kinnee is an FHA compliance mobile home inspector and retrofit crew chief for GulfTex. His duties and responsibilities include managing and directing a retrofit crew as well as performing inspections throughout the Austin, San Antonino, and Corpus Christi areas.
Brad Hinckley is an FHA compliance mobile home inspector based in Magnolia and servicing the greater Houston area. Brad brings over 5 years’ experience accurately documenting FHA compliance issues.
Charlie Williams is an FHA compliance mobile home inspector based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. In addition to FHA compliance inspections, his responsibilities also include assisting on retrofit projects. These dual skills also allow him to perform minor retrofit items at the time of the inspection, resulting in a savings to our customers.
Dalton Cross is an FHA compliance mobile home inspector and retrofit crew chief for GulfTex. His duties and responsibilities include managing and directing a retrofit crew as well as performing mobile home inspections throughout the state. He also has the experience to combine these skills and perform minor retrofit items at the time of the inspection, saving money for GulfTex and for our customers.
Xavier Rodriguez is an FHA compliance mobile home inspector based in McAllen. In addition to manufactured home inspections, his responsibilities also include assisting on retrofit projects. Because of his range of abilities, Xavier is often able to reduce the costs to our customers by performing minor retrofit items at the time of the inspection.
David Watson covers additional spot mobile home inspections needed in the eastern part of the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well as inspections north and east of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
This broad coverage allows our inspectors to do scheduled inspections as well as hotshot inspections needed the day of the call. No other company in Texas has the in-house inspector staff to provide this inspection capability.
Mobile Home Inspection Procedure
1. Our inspectors show the seller extensive photographs on our website, illustrating what properly installed and improperly installed foundations look like… as well as sample photos of skirting, bracing and other certification item examples.
2. The seller has the option to look at the sample photos before an inspection to get an early idea of whether or not he is in compliance. If there are any questions, the seller can address those to the mobile home inspector during or after the inspection.
3. About 60% of manufactured homes 10 years and newer pass inspection without any retrofits needed, and therefore only need an inspection and certification report from us.
4. Only about 20% of manufactured homes 15 years and older pass inspection without any retrofits.
5. Our mobile home inspectors can also determine if the mobile home is an Original Placement if the seller has difficulty obtaining written documentation of the Original Placement. This special inspection needs to be ordered at the same time as the regular inspection.