FHA/VA/HUD Retrofit Manufactured Home Foundation Services
Our inspectors and retrofit crews provide the inspections and foundations for retrofit tie-downs to the FHA/VA/HUD and the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDCHA) newest standards. The TDHCA required specifications were newly published in July, 2012 and effective December, 2012. HUD Guidelines were published and effective September, 1996.
Quality Manufactured Home Foundations
For the required mobile home tie-downs, we install 3-foot-deep reinforced concrete piers with galvanized steel aircraft cable. This provides a 40% increase in wind resistance strength compared to conventional straps. We provide digital photographs of the before and after on the tie-downs. The quality of our work is such that we are the sole source for many mortgage companies and realtors in Texas. We would be glad to supply references upon request.
All work is supervised by our engineering consultant, a Texas licensed Professional Engineer. This engineer issues the report as required for FHA, VA and USDA financing.
Our inspectors encourage the seller and/or buyer to be present during the inspection so that the inspector can answer any questions they may have. Our retrofit crew chief encourages the seller and/or buyer to be present after the work is done for a walk-through inspection and to answer any questions about the work
1. Foundation Retrofit Costs: We charge a base price of $1,500 and up for single and doublewides. There is a 5% discount if the retrofit cost is paid upon completion instead of at closing (cash or check). This price includes the retrofit, engineer report and final inspection. This base cost varies by size of home, crawlspace access, type of soil and distance from our nearest satellite location.
2. The outside consultant we use provides the Compliance Report, Structural Engineer’s Design, and HUD Final Inspection Compliance Report required by FHA/VA/HUD as part of the cost above.
3. If the house is under contract and the lender is requiring a retrofit or if the inspection is prearranged due to proximity of current GulfTex operations, there is no cost for us to inspect the property and provide a retrofit bid, but not an email report.
4. If the property is not under contract, the inspection time/location is such that we cannot fit it into our weekly schedule and it must be done to meet an option deadline, the initial inspection and email report cost ranges from $ 250.00 to $ 450.00 due at the time of the inspection. This cost range depends upon how far the home is from our nearest satellite location. This email report will tell if the home meets current guidelines or if it does not, then the report will include an estimate of the retrofit cost to bring it into compliance.
5. Where the mobile home meets all current FHA/VA/HUD standards based on our inspector report, our engineering consultant can provide an engineer certification report on a $250.00 to $ 350.00 cost, payable at closing.
6. Our retrofit charges can be paid at closing from closing proceeds or if upon completion, with a 5% discount. If two retrofits within 30 miles of each other can be scheduled for the same day by the same customer source (realtor, realty office or lender), there is a further 5 % discount for each.
7. Prices for the retrofit can increase on a project by project basis if:
a. New partial or full skirting is required
b. Porch roof supports are needed.
c. Bracing of the skirting may be required – add up to $350.00 if full bracing
d. Drainage diversion may be required… HUD requires dry crawlspace
e. Pier support repair or replacement
8. An inspection may be required to prove that the mobile home has not been moved since its original installation by the dealer. Unless the seller can provide proof of this, FHA will not issue financing. We are the only firm that can do the inspection to provide the proof and our inspectors have done so several times. An additional cost of $ 300.00 is charged for this service.